- New Work commissioned by Hassan Anderson and Moran Katz in 2014-15.
- Commission from City of Tomorrow. Premiere: spring 2015.
- Composing the music and libretto for a new opera, Switch. Premiere: 2015-16.
- Arachne to be premiered by Sound Energy, October 4th, 2014.
- Flux, Flutter was premiered in Istanbul by pianist Nolan Pearson, March 20th, 2014.
- Mercury was premiered by Ecce at the DiMenna Center in New York this May 15th.
- Composers Edition has just published Aura. Check it out here.
- The London Symphony Orchestra Soundhub Recently Broadcast Aura. Check Out the Performance Here.
- My work End of Winter, from Songs from the Wild Iris, was featured at this year’s Festival of New American Music at Sacramento State University. The work was performed by the expert Empyrean Ensemble. Empyrean also performed the work at the UC Davis Mondavi Center. Details on concert dates and time here.
- Teaching alongside Fred Lerdahl and Georg Friedrich Haas at the 2013 Etchings Festival.
- I Saw My Life in the Coyote’s Jaws was premiered at the Radcliffe Institute’s symposium “Breakthroughs: Creativity Across the Disciplines”, May 21st, at Harvard University. The new work is for the incredible soprano Sharon Harms.
- Flight out of Mind for Sound Icon, Jeffrey Means, conductor. Premiere: March 23rd, 2013
- Translucent Windows for the Boston Conservatory Wind Ensemble. Premiere: February 22nd, 2013
- Functions of Consciousness at the University of Iowa Center for New Music. September 30th, 2012
- Emi Ferguson premieres The Imperceptible Word for Baroque flute. November 28th, 2012.
- Faculty Composer and Artistic Director: The Etchings Festival – Auvillar, France, Philippe Hurel and George Tsontakis, Guest Composers. July 7-14, 2012
- Composer Faculty with Georg Friedrich Haas and Elizabeth Hoffman at the La Pietra Forum for contemporary music. July 15-20, 2012.
- Aylward awarded a Commission from the Koussevitzky Foundation to compose a work for the Washington Square Contemporary Music Society
- Perspectives of New Music commissions a new work for its upcoming special edition tribute to Milton Babbitt
- Aylward will be a Radcliffe Fellow at Harvard for the 2011-12 season
- Aylward receives a Goddard Lieberson Fellowship from the American Academy of Arts and Letters
- Stillness and Change is now available on Albany Records!
- Tanglewood Music Fellowship, Summer 2011
- Jean Kopperud and Tom Kolor present Twin Suspension on national tour: RATED X II